City of West Chicago
475 Main Street
West Chicago, IL 60185
May 19 , 2005
Special needs guests invited to West Chicago Railroad Days Carnival for free
- On Saturday, July 9, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Reed-Keppler Park in West
Chicago, Midwest Midways and the City of West Chicago invite Special Needs
Guests and their families to the Railroad Days carnival to ride for free.
- Select carnival rides and game booths with will be open for two hours of
- For further information, contact Marcy Glink at Great Events,
847-480-9500, Ext. 103.
Railroad Days 5K Run to benefit the CareLink Foundation
- The race will take place on Saturday, July 9, starting at 7:30 am.
- The course for the race is a fast, 3.1 mile run with some hills on a USATF
- The race will begin at National & Yale Streets at Reed-Keppler Park and
wind through the historic district of West Chicago.
- The race also includes a 50-yard Toddler Dash and a Junior Jog at 8:30 am.
- Interested participants can sign up online at signmeupsports.com by July
8, mail in a registration form by July 1 or register on race day at Reed-Keepler
Park from 6:30 am - 7:15 am.
- Registrations will also be accepted on Thursday, July 7 from 4:00 pm –
7:00 pm and Friday, July 8 from 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm at the Health and Education
Center at 550 E. Washington Street in West Chicago.
- Proceeds from the race will help continue the Carelink Foundations
- The mission of the CareLink Foundation is to assist medically underserved
and uninsured children and their parents in overcoming the barriers to
receiving medical care in DuPage County. These barriers include, but are not
limited to: lack of transportation, poor access to pediatric specialty medical
care, unavailability of healthcare interpretation and low levels of health
- For more race information, contact The CareLink Foundation. 630-661-5153
Railroad Days website launched
- Event information is now available on the Railroad Days website at
- This site will be continually updated with information leading up to the
- For more information, contact Jymette Seager at 630-803-0464 or